Monday 21 March 2016

Introductions

Well, I suppose this really marks the beginning of a mid life crisis. Opening a blog on the internet for everyone and their Mam to see. I did use pen and paper, as that appeals to the inner hipster in me, but I had this 6x12" box full of the things and most of them were filling up what precious space I have at home. They date back all the way to 1990. Granted, most of those early journals consist of me playing bitchin' solos in Brunton Park and talking about my pet dog and how I'm still going to have him at 50. The bitchin' solos are just now replaced with screwing around with tape loops and the dog about work.

Work was predictably hellish. I work as an IT consultant for this big telemarketer firm and it's about as pleasant as you can imagine. I work with two other blokes in this converted storage cupboard they all have us working in. The first guy is your typical otaku, kinda on the big side and with a surprisingly decent neckbeard. Well, alright, he's not at the point where he curses people with random Japanese curses and waddles away. Besides, he can be a funny and pretty decent guy most of the time.

The other guy, Mike, never really shows up. He's got a desk and stuff, but he apparently works somewhere else in the building now. Quiet, only chiming in with something witty to say. And yes, they're both younger than me, Mike being second oldest at 24.

I'll probably update this, sporadically. I doubt anyone wants to hear about the story of an IT consultant in his grey life working in his grey job.

Peace,
-Mark.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home